WE ALWAYS NEED YOUR HELP! » The D-S China Exchange depends on its own fundraising efforts to sustain its existence (hence some ads on this site). To help ensure this invaluable program is still around for future D-S students and teachers, please click here.
COMMENTS » Please feel free respond to blog postings with comments. Note that they are moderated and may take a few hours to appear.
SOCIAL NETWORKING » Blog posts are moderated, so please repost them via Facebook, Twitter, etc. with the link on the post timeline.

NOTE
Get notified of all new postings via Twitter or by email (FOLLOW halfway down right column). You can also SUBSCRIBE to the DS China Exchange YouTube channel, as well as the Google Photos album.

News about Hangzhou and China

News about Hangzhou and China
Pertinent news about Hangzhou and China from the Shanghai Daily

Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Two Trains!"

(Deanna)

On this lovely Thursday, the Bears started out the day ready for Culture class. Zou Lao Shi asked us if we wanted to go to Prince Bay Garden near West Lake, we happily said yes. Before leaving, I presented the group gift to our teacher who was both happy and surprised.

We headed out to Zou Lao Shi's car and drove to the Garden. Zou Lao Shi asked to take photos of us which we took many in the garden that was full of many types of beautiful, fragrant flowers. The scenery of this garden was serene. An elderly couple took our group photos and other people proceeded to take photos of us as well. We walked around the garden enjoying the well-kept flowers. After much walking, we went to the Hangzhou Art Museum and enjoyed the art gallery. We went over to the Crystal Jade Restaurant that Apple, Tom, Mifield wanted to go for their "thank you" lunch. We ate an assortment of duck, chicken, pork and vegetables along with Dim Sum.

After a lovely lunch, we went to a bakery where we ate banana and chocolate crepes. In going back to school, Veronica, Patty, Michael and Mifield went in a cab. Apple, Tom, Brandon and I decided to take the train instead because it was the switching hour for cabs in shifts. Brandon and I kept making Two Chainz jokes and because of going on the train I kept making Two Train jokes. Apple had only taken the train once before and I have taken it many times because of my first host sister and I took the train every day. I was able to identify which train to take and what stop to get off and it was honestly it was nice to know that in being in Hangzhou, I had grown to be accustomed of the public transportation. We finally got back to school and headed home with our host siblings. Upon my arrival home, Yao Ye and I ate our fill of dinner and headed to go accomplish some school work.

Unfortunately, my next blog post will be my last but I send much love from Hangzhou,

Deanna M. Biddy

1 comment:

Plitvice Lakes said...

China is a such a nice country. I would love to visit it someday... :)